On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Larry Alkoff <labrad...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Jim thanks for the heads up on the many more com ports in DX4Win v8.
> It would have saved me a lot of trouble but when I saw the business
> of requiring Admin mode to install (and run?) and placing DX4W in the root
> directory (both big nonos for me) I lost interest.

The same issue exists for DX4WIN 7.0x and the Vista/Windows 7
operating systems.  The change in V8 is that by default, DX4WIN
installs at the root (i.e. C:\DX4W802) instead of in the Program Files
directory.  Vista/Windows 7 do some strange things when data is in the
Program Files hierarchy.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us