Hi Ward,

Thanks for the swift reaction.  So a scipy-0.17.1-intel-2016b-Python-2.7.12.eb
should not be needed, since the Python module Python-2.7.12-intel-2016b.eb has
scipy 0.17.1 in its extension list?

So the only think popping up to me is the mpi4py, if a user needs a 2.0.0
instead of the 1.3.1 inside the Python config.  But in general this should not
be a performance issue like e.g. compile netlib blas vs MKL.  Correct?

Knowing this earlier might have saved me some time.  But it will now into the
future.  Should we sort of retire (that is remove) things like SciPy from the
eb-configs?

Thanks and best wishes
  Joachim

On 22 Aug 2016, at 15:40, Ward Poelmans