Hi Alan,

However, I don't understand how you can run into this problem. Normally for
> any package the toolchain components are included as dependencies in the
> final module: loading Caffe would also mean loading the missing ifort
> module. I guess you must have a configuration that does not include the
> toolchain deps in the final module? Removing this option would also solve
> the problem (but you probably decided on that setting for a reason).

Isn't this the default behavior with HMNS?
I suppose the rationale is that with HMNS you'll have to load the compilers
first to have access to the modules in the first place (though, clearly,
there is a mismatch between the modulepath and dependencies in this case).

Best regards, Mikael