I would not have a problem with someone using my images that were related to
my research. However, since I have a photography business on the side, I
would not be pleased to see my photos used without acknowledgement.  I think
this is mostly an issue with print media - even organizations such as
National Geographic buy stock photos.

Marcus

www.greenlightphotography.net