Hi Jacob,

If you normally use a Garmin GPS, you can geotag your photos using the
Garmin Basecamp program. Just make sure your camera and GPS unit are set to
the same date/ timezone/ time, and enable the "tracking" function on your
GPS. Check out the instructions on this page:
http://garminbasecamp.wikispaces.com/Photos

I found that using the GPS function in my camera used a lot of battery
power, and my Garmin has better accuracy than my camera.

Karen

G. Karen Golinski
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Smithsonian Institution