Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

-should the bumpers actually touch the front cover or are they used just
in case? I did my best to use little solder and trim leads short, but
the bumpers do not really lie flat and I'm a little worried they might
come off someday.

Andrea,

I cut the rubber bumpers into halves so they could lay flat against the
board in between solder pads. I just made sure the rubber pads stood taller
than the solder connections. I, too, didn't think they would stick too long
either...

VB72/3rds, John K7FD