Don, WAFER wrote:

It makes no sense to... scroll to the bottom of a reply to see what is now
being said for each and every reflector post.

--------------------

I agree when the reply includes the whole previous message, or the entire
thread! Here on the E'craft reflector Eric has asked that we edit the
original post down to the bare essentials we are replying to in order to
minimize the bandwidth.

------------------

Don, W3FPR wrote:

"...all the e-mail clients that I know about put the cursor at the top
rather than at the bottom when I click 'reply'."

True, which makes bottom-posting more work, but it seemed worthwhile to hold
down bandwidth while being crystal clear what issue(s) the reply addresses.
Especially when replying to multiple points as I have done here.

If list moderator Eric has a preference, I'll be happy to oblige. The last I
heard, he was equally happy either way as long as the replies cut out
unneeded text.

73,

Ron AC7AC