Don,

Thanks as always for your reply.

But you don't seriously believe that my problems with electronic equipment
could be THAT simple, do you??  After all, I'm the guy whose dog ate one of
the ICs while I was building the K2 (no joke).

I ran 5 watts and 2.5 watts, and ran each test five times (first 5, then
2.5, then 5, then 2.5, etc.).

With 5 watts commanded, both power meters usually read about 12 watts, the
K2's RF display read 5, and both the K2's ammeter and an external WattsUp
meter read about 2.7 amps.  HOWEVER, on one try, both power meters were
indicating 15 watts (with about 2.8 amps on the ammeters and 7 on the RF
display).

With 2.5 watts commanded, the MFJ consistently read 7 watts, and the W1
consistently read between 6 and 8 (it doesn't have a display for 7).  The
K2's RF display flickered between 2 and 3, and both the K2's ammeter and the
WattsUp read about 2.1 amps.

You had me run this test sometime late last year because I was reporting
excessive heat when running in digital modes (e.g., PSK31).  At that time,
the numbers were a lot closer to what was being commanded -- although back
then I was running it with the KPA100 in use (trying 100 watts, 50 watts,
and 25 watts).

This started today because I was trying to tuck up the ribbon cable and the
speaker wire, which you had suggested to me a while back.  I hadn't actually
tried that until today, and I noticed the power and SWR problems after I
buttoned everything back up and was testing the change.  I've put the ribbon
cable and the speaker wire back where they were to begin with, but am still
having the power and SWR problems, so my guess is that I managed to mess
something up while I had the case open, but I don't see anything offhand
when looking at it now.

Jon