Duhhhhh! Sorry, I wasn't thinking when I asked that.

The KAT100 is out of the circuit completely. All my testing has been with
the MFJ-941E.

I just removed the KPA100 and tested. My power levels are as commanded
(usually a little better, but not double) AND my PSK31 signal looks like a
PSK31 signal again. While I was testing on 17 meters (5 watts PSK31), a
station in Slovenia came back to me and gave me a 559 with a very good IMD.

Given that digital modes are continuous duty, what power level should I
maintain with the bare K2. My general rule of thumb is 1/3 of max power
(which is about 15 watts on my bare K2), so I'm thinking 5 watts for
digital. What do you think?

Jon