A couple of other points to consider:

1. I find that my K3's finals get hotter in PSK31 at 50% power than they
do in RTTY at 100% power, but that's very likely due to the fact that my
RTTY QSOs are in contests, with very short transmissions, whereas my
ragchew-style transmissions in PSK31 last a lot longer before giving the
finals a break to cool off between transmissions. Of course, the breaks
also last longer during ragchews, but the peak temperatures will still
be higher with longer transmissions. Depending on your operating and
conversational style, this may be a factor.

2. PSK31 is very intolerant to non-linearity. The "crest factor" of
PSK31 can be up to 2, i.e. the peak power can be twice the average
power. Since it is clipping of the peaks that causes splatter, with most
radios you need to keep the output power below one-half the rated
maximum in order to ensure linearity. Linearity is not a problem in
RTTY, but it matters in PSK31.

73,
Rich VE3KI