On 7/27/2012 1:51 PM, Vic K2VCO wrote:

> Here's a similar story about FedEx, with a happier ending.

> I instantly called their 800 number and got a human! She called the driver
> and he actually
> appeared in about 10 minutes. He apologized, saying that he had been on the
> next block.
> Since they have GPS systems and since the numbers are not the same from block
> to block, I
> was suspicious, but happy.

My experience with both UPS and FedEx is that the driver leaves the
package at the door.  Sometimes they knock, and it's a race to see
whether they can get into the truck and drive off before I can get to
the door.  Sometimes they just leave it and drive off.  The tracking
site says "Delivered to occupant...." even if a signature was required.

For a $5 book it's no big deal.  For a $500 piece of equipment it is.

I have had one instance of "Can't find address...."  Apology tendered,
delivery postponed.

"It's so hard to find good help nowadays...."

  --
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest