Dear OMs and Yls,
    I just took delivery of a KX1 purchased used.   I am most impressed with
the small radio and have now made four QSOs with fellow EUs running 4 Watts
to a 4 el SteppIR at 24M.   Well the test will come when I change over to a
hank of wire operated against a counterpoise.   The receiver is amazing to
me and the transmitter pretty good.    So much is in such a small package.

    My main gripe just now is the lousy paddle which comes with the KX1 as a
option.    I also have a KX3 also purchased used and waiting for me in
Connecticut.   It has a paddle which I have tried on my friends KX3 - this
paddle is much better than the one on the KX1.    Can I swap the KX3 paddle
onto the KX1?    I know Bengali has an elegant wee paddle which mounts on
the KX1 or KX3 depending on the attachment purchased.   This may be my
ultimate solution but the KX3 paddle if it mounts would be a big help.

   I do not want to carry around an external paddle weighing more than the
KX1.   The extremely small size and weight have a great attraction to me.
Having a big bag of accessories is not to my liking.   A simple radio and
some wire seems to be ideal for me.    The KX3 is for different
applications.

   The receiver is great fun on both CW and SSB and the stability of it
impresses me.  Today was discussing the old Hallicrafters SX28 and you know
the KX1 seems to have a better receiver.  I think this small wonder is great
fun and can see why Elecraft has kept it in the product line.

               73 Doug EI2CN

K3, KX3, KX1