From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of EricJ
Sent: 07 September 2013 18:58
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [KX1] paddle question

I found the KX1 paddle to be, at best, an acquired skill. One that I
chose not to acquire. I used the frame to homebrew a tiny touch paddle,
but that was just for fun. It worked very nicely,but required a button
battery that I didn't want to have to depend on when camping. I settled
on the Palm Mini Paddle. It's a lot cheaper than the Bengali Adventure
(which wasn't available then), and is an excellent performer, nearly
indestructible and packs very small. They make a mount to put it on the
KX1, but I find a paddle bolted to a rig to be too inflexible for
comfortable operating.

Eric
KE6US

On 9/7/2013 4:09 AM, Doug Turnbull wrote:
> Dear OMs and Yls,
>      I just took delivery of a KX1 purchased used.   I am most impressed
with
> the small radio and have now made four QSOs with fellow EUs running 4
Watts