The practical answer is try to insert your coax into the bushing.  RG-59 and
RG8X are the same size and RG-58 is smaller.  If RG-58 is sloppy in the bushing
and RG-59 or RG8X fits then it is OK to use unless you are trying to get an
exact match for micro-wave.  If you are a micro-wave engineer you are more
qualified than I, but for 6 meters and below the extremely small bump will not
be noticeable.  You are jousting windmills to avoid an impedence bump that you
cannot see.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart