You can't see Internet spots or balance your checkbook or read the Elecraft reflector and run that "radio" at the same time. I guarantee it. So....you get to buy a top of the line high performance PC to run your radio. I find it interesting that nowhere that I've seen does Flex give a minimum requirement for om-board memory.

I had a Polycom salesman try that while selling us an H.323 video conferencing system. I couldn't get the man to tell me exactly how much of my T1 connection to home office in Green Bay was going to be used for our daily teleconference. Finally got a ridiculous number out of him (256 Kb/s). The truth was 3X that much, half my T1 while trying to send real time data to GB. Now I always multiple minimum retirements by three....four if it's Microsoft, Cisco, or Polycom.

Windows 7 and Vista need 4G of memory to run well. There is a difference between running well and running. How much memory does SmartSDR require to run well? I couldn't find it but I couldn't spend an hour looking. That number isn't a sales bullet point on the Flex website. Hmmmm, makes me wonder.

Maybe it's just me.
After a long day of dealing with the machinations of MS, IBM, VM Ware, Cisco, Barracuda, Dell and HP, all day along with 700 users who sometimes I'm convinced are UN-trainable, All I want to do is lay my hands on a radio, even though I know it's mostly firmware, and not another keyboard.