I didn't much like the Euro-style clamping terminals either.  I built
a short pigtail to 30A APP, and just leave the terminals alone.
They're not robust enough for constant plugging in/out.

The Samlex here is powered 100% of the time.  Its output goes to a
solar charge controller used to maintain SOC on an Optima 75 AH
battery.  The charge controller has two inputs, and the other one is
connected to 100W of solar PV on the roof.  All the power terminations
in this setup are APP.

The SS30DV has two APP terminations on the front of the unit, and a
1/4" / banana lab-style termination on the rear.  You might like this
arrangement better than the Samlex.  Elecraft sells the SS30DV too.

73,
matt
W6NIA

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Always store beer in a dark place."  -R. Heinlein