I too bought the Pyle 3.5 cube speakers to use with my K3 . Now under $20.00 at Amazon ! I couldn't be happier with the audio both CW and SSB . Soon I will order a second pair for my 2nd K3

73 Ed N5DG

I used 6" bookshelf speakers for several years with very good results
until I got tired of the extra room they took on the desk.  About a
year ago I picked up a set of Pye PCB3BK 3.5" cube speakers ... a
perfect size to set on either side of the "K-Line" ... for about
$25 on Amazon.com.  Since then, I've picked up several other pairs
for my second K3 and other rigs.

I like the PCB3BK because its 90 Hz - 18 KHz response is far more
appropriate for "communications".  They do not rumble and turn muddy
with low frequency noise like the larger bookshelf speakers and/or
amplified speaker systems while the high frequency response is more
than enough to prevent distortion on the high end.  They are efficient
enough that the K3's audio amplifier is capable of creating more than
90 dBa sound levels without running into apparent distortion.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV