I don't want to cause excessive topic drift here, but I really
appreciate the various simple options that the KX3 provides.  If I want
to do digital, there is the IQ output.  If I want to do ssb, there is
mic input.  If I want computer control or to update the firmware there
is an RS232 input.  I can use any or all of them as my needs at the
moment dictate.  Having the rs232 by the way enables me to use a
microcontroller to control the radio.  If the KX3 used USB there is no
way that most people will be able to put together a microcontroller
project to control their radio.  Just about anyone can program for
RS232, very few can deal with a USB stack.  I will gladly deal with the
cabling in exchange of the flexibility that it enables.  Just one
customer's pennies worth.  Have a great night everyone.