Bret,

Do not set the K3S CODEC to be the default soundcard - the default soundcard will be the one that plays sounds from the OS (Windows Sounds), and those sounds should not be transmitted on the air.

The "Recording" setting level is audio from the K3S to the computer (not K3S recording). Use that level as well as the K3S LINE OUT level to adjust the waterfall display brightness.

Look at those soundcard settings (Input and Output) from the perspective of the computer and not the K3S. Even though the soundcard is in the K3S, it is still the "property" of the computer - the same as any other external soundcard.

73,
Don W3FPR