Thanks to all you guys with comments and recommendations regarding a generator.
 Everyone seemed to have great reports on the Honda EU2000i and that will
likely be what I get.  I see the going street price is $999.99.

Some have suggested larger to handle other things like computer, coffee pots,
etc.  If I were operating a day-long contesting station in the field then that
might be justified but that is not my thing.  Besides, I never use a computer
with ham radio except to load software/firmware on my Elecraft gear or maintain
my log (though, I always log on paper and enter into computer later).

Jim (K9YC) suggested using a good choke on the input AC line and I will look
into it.  I already use his RFI paper as the basis design of several chokes I
use on my dipole antennas.

73, phil, K7PEH