I definitely agree with using good quality headphones for optimal listening. But, headphones are a different psycho-acoustical experience than a speaker system. Personally, I prefer to listen to a speaker system. Headphones VS: Speaker system will be different for everyone. But, if you prefer speakers, i recommend decent quality components to give you the best your "K" brand transceiver can deliver.

Doug -- K0DXV