Richard - I second your report, there is no fine adjustment for the USB audio on the K3s either in received audio or transmitted audio. When the band is noisy, I have to reduce LIN OUT to 01 or alternatively reduce the overall system gain with the RF gain (which in the case of the K3 and K3s is IF gain).

When operating meteor scatter on 2M with an Elecraft K144XV transverter I had to reduce the audio drive from the JT65 software to 50% to prevent RF power out overshoot and hunting, typical in over-driven closed loop systems. This allowed me to advance LIN IN and the end result was the power detection system of the K3s settled down.

There are work-arounds.

Jim, W4ATK

K-Line, K2/10