To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 AGC Off Problem

Thanks for the message.
A 10 pf at C8 did the trick. The receiver is now working properly in AGC off
mode.

Think that's at least 5 or 6 of us on the reflector have had this issue,
and this easy fix, so far. Does it deserve a builder alert on the
website yet?

For anyone else: If you are seeing AGC problems (hold PRE/ATT and AGC,
see if your K2 goes deaf), check your junk box for a 10pF cap and change
control board C8. Wayne says 680 pF at C7 may be another option. I DO
NOT recommend this mod UNLESS you're seeing "AGC OFF" issues though.

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, K2 #5209.