> Thanks for the message.
> A 10 pf at C8 did the trick. The receiver is now working properly in AGC off
> mode.

Think that's at least 5 or 6 of us on the reflector have had this issue,
and this easy fix, so far. Does it deserve a builder alert on the
website yet?

For anyone else: If you are seeing AGC problems (hold PRE/ATT and AGC,
see if your K2 goes deaf), check your junk box for a 10pF cap and change
control board C8. Wayne says 680 pF at C7 may be another option. I DO
NOT recommend this mod UNLESS you're seeing "AGC OFF" issues though.

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    [EMAIL PROTECTED]