jeff (K2#5210),
I only changed the crystal X1, nothing else, and that
solved the problem . The value of RP6 is also 4.7 K.
73,
joe on5ao K2#5237

you wrote:
I have the same problem with my AGC and when I
replaced the 5.068MHz X1 the problem remained. I
wonder if both crystals are bad or if there is some
other cause? In my case, when I turn off the AGC, the
s-meter gets pegged at +40 and the audio is muted. Did
you change any other components or did just replacing
X1 the first time fix the problem? Also, what value of
RP6 is installed on your control board? My RP6 is a
4.7K network.