"But that's over the Interwebs! _That's not REAL ham radio!"_

I hear this all the time over my using a ThumbDV for DMR/DSTAR/Fusion
instead of putting up with limited talkgroup and reflector support from a
very few repeaters I can reach, with sometimes very expensive radios. The
ThumbDV cost me $99 a few years ago. I had the Raspberry Pi I run the
server for it on lying around going unused.

The most I pay for it is a dynamic DNS link I use to reach the server via
my phone when I'm not at home. The server lets me access it from any
computer in the house, or from my Android phone.

I've got a Kenwood D-Star HT, but there are only a few repeaters I can use
it on, and they get all grouchy if I change what reflector it's talking to.
I've had them reset it in mid-QSO.

73,
Gwen, NG3P