On 6/28/21 at 12:45 AM, rick.n...@gmail.com (Rick Bates, NK7I) wrote:

Ditto using remote receivers to augment your own; your station can or cannot; it's THAT simple.

[With apologies to N4ZR. I'll try to tie my comment to germain topics.]

I generally disagree with NK7I's comments because I think ham radio is a huge tent, and the point is having fun.

However, this comment tickled the thought that setting up remote receivers could be something hams do regularly. I can imagine a remote receiver at one son's house in Colorado, and another at the other son's house in California.

These receivers might be useful for activities like the Elecraft net, where frequently the QRO stations, which are the backbone of the net, can't hear the QRP stations who try to check in. It would be a fun project in station building.

73 Bill AE6JV