This is of real concern to me. I have an accumulation of ham equipment, and probably need to start moving some of it out - to make room in my life for more ham equipment :).

It's not that I need the money... got plenty of that. I could keep buying equipment the rest of my life and sluff off the selling job to my heirs :). But that would be dumb. What's the use of having all this
nice stuff in the closet?

At the moment there's a pair of K2's - one 100W and one 10W. An IC706MKII with very low hours. A Kenwood TS590S. A 30L-1. A collection of Sideband Engineers SB34 transceivers. A QRP-labs QCX+ & matching 50W amp. A small collection of ARC-5 transmitters & receivers. A Ubitx transceiver. A couple of old sweep tube linears. 3 or 4 ( think there's 4, but haven't seen the fourth one in a while ) TV7D/U tube testers - my goodness, has anybody seen what those things are going for on Ebay? Also, I expect my Alpha 78 to become surplus some time next year.

In the past, there was a ham radio swap meet in Silicon Valley. That's gone for the moment due to COVID. Even the venue ( Fry's Electroncs ) is gone. I've been going to this thing since the early 70's. I would mostly buy, but also sold. I've been there as early as 4:30 in the morning... but I have never been first. Fond memories... There was that Swan 500 that I scored for $100 at 6:00 in the morning.

In the 80's, I was getting fairly prosperous, and I started buying all the stuff I had drooled over as a starving student in the 70's. A Drake TR4... A Collins R390A ( $100 ). A Galaxy 5 in brand new condition with the packing tape still on the tubes...

Mostly, I sold it back a few months later at the same swap meet. Storage space was always an issue. I used to joke that the most valuable thing that traded places at the swap was not the stuff... or the money.. but rather Silicon Valley real estate; storage space in people's attics and garages. I developed an rule: I would buy nothing that would not fit in a backpack.

The flea market was more than a sales venue - it was a community. I would see familiar people there. There was the soldering iron guy... the cables & connectors family that came up from LA; Rik the cheap Chinese tools guy who also had supermagnets. Mark the CTO of Netgear, who would come up in his old VW microbus and sell detritus from his lab.
He was an excellent source of wall warts.

At the flea market, what you see is what you get. Does it work? Show me. You could
get a feel for the guy behind the table, person to person.

Anyway... selling on line to people far away - seems like a lot of work. Have to pack stuff up, haul it off to the shipping store, freak out at how much they charge, worry about parts swappers.... Maybe I'll just wait till the swap meet starts up again in 2022.

                  - Jerry KF6VB