There's not a lot on the web re: KWM-380 except for sales.  I recall little about it except that it was very expensive for the time.  I think the KWM-2 went for about $1,500 new? in the 60's, that would be about $15,000 in today's money, although it wouldn't be an attractive transceiver in today' world.  But, a -380 was a pretty hot radio in those days.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County