I was working at Collins Radio in Cedar Rapids when that happened. Art kept dumping money into the computer business, but was always behind the curve technically.  He might even have been able to sell some smaller systems, but he wouldn't let anyone do that and kept chasing the big systems where his specs weren't good enough to actually sell anything.  Even by 1973 everything we built was still magnetic core memory in spite of the fact that semiconductor memory had been introduced elsewhere a couple of years earlier.

At one point Art literally sold the big backup generators (I think there were three of them) at the Cedar Rapids plant where I worked and immediately leased them back ... the cash was needed to meet payroll.  I think it only lasted two weeks if I remember correctly. Shortly thereafter he was forced to sell anyway, and Rockwell made the best offer.

Collins Radio might still be in independent business if Art hadn't bet the farm on computers since the avionics business was very solid, and the military business was decent.  Art was a terrible business manager and wouldn't listen to anyone that tried to tell him something he didn't want to hear ... one of those top down guys that outgrew his expertise.

73,
Dave  AB7E