At the 1961 Quad City ARC W9YCR Hamfest, a Gonset G-76 transceiver was the main prize and won by a non-licensed teenage lad who found himself under siege from  a dozen or more older hams wanting to keep it in licensed hands before he even got it to his dad's car.

Art Collins was forced to sell the Collins Radio Company to North American Rockwell (not Raytheon) in order to avoid bankruptcy after literally betting the store on his C-system computer. It was therefore Rockwell-Collins (not Raytheon) that built the KWM-380 and Senator Barry Goldwater received the first production radio.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV