A few counterexamples:

- We started selling the K2 in 1999, nearly 23 years ago. We're still selling
them. 99% of the parts are still available.

- We started selling the K3 in early 2008, nearly 15 years ago. We still
service them (in fact repair times have gone down recently), and we're even
building new modules in some cases to extend their life and enhance
performance. This process was delayed by the supply chain and pandemic but
we're getting it back on track.

- If you want to repair your own Elecraft product or ask a technical question,
you can email Eric and me personally. Many have, and I'm sure they'll continue
to do so. Or you can email support.

- If you email me in a language other than English, I'll translate it with
Google both ways. I've done this in Spanish, French, and Japanese.

- Most of the parts for our products are available from industry suppliers like
Digikey if not directly from us. This has been true historically, and assuming
the supply chain improves, it will continue to be true.

- I have personally supplied parts or modules to at least a dozen of our
customers from my own lab stock over the years, typically at zero cost, zero
shipping, just to help out when the parts were not available elsewhere.

- The K4 is designed in highly modular fashion so we can replace modules in the
future as technology changes, including the main processor board, ADC boards,
and DAC board. This seems preferable to, let's say, having your entire radio be
dependent on the availability of a particular laptop computer that one designed
into it.

> ...buy an FT-450 and dump it....

Sure. YMMV.

Wayne