On 10/14/2022 11:59 AM, Lee Hiers wrote:
My method is to use the RS232 port on the K3 to an Elecraft cable
that converts to USB to the computer for rig control and use a
WinKeyer USB for keying.

I think some people use the USB connection for both rig control and
keying, but I like the separate keyer - I like the knob, and when I'm
operating outside of contests, I don't have to switch anything
around.

On my former K3s (and new K4d) I used the built-in USB connection -- no RS-232 anywhere. It works fine.

I too have a WinKeyer USB with its separate USB connection to the computer. N1MM is configured to recognize that USB port for WinKeyer, and everything works great.

I leave everything always connected, and just need to set up N1MM for each contest (like this weekend for the Worked All Germany contest).

73, Mike N4CF