I have been using a USB-to-serial converter cable for connection between the K3
and computer running N1MM+. I use DTR keying on the K3 with VOX and QSK on.
This leaves the K3 internal keyer and paddle free to use at a different speed
for fills, etc.

I have noticed the CW timing from the computer to falter a bit once in a while
depending on what else the computer is doing at the time. I try to minimize the
number of apps running. Typical CW speed is 22-32 wpm so I don’t know how it
would do faster than that.

73,
Brian, K0DTJ