If you need one more tap to get within the right voltage window, use one more tap to achieve that.  If you change circuits, remeasure.  And if on the same circuit, maybe don't run the washing machine or oven at the same time as the amp. ;-)

73,
Rick nk7i

On 11/14/2022 6:38 AM, Lyn Norstad wrote:
Gordon -

I had mine set up, as Rick suggests - but when it was in for service, they
dropped it back a notch saying it was too high.

My readings now agree with yours.

73
Lyn, WØLEN

-----Original Message-----
From:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Rick NK7I
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2022 1:03 PM
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Voltage?

I'd move it up one tap as long as it does NOT EXCEED 85V at receive.

Higher voltage not only gives you better output but also cleaner.  That
matters too.

73,
Rick nk7i

On 11/12/2022 10:25 AM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
My KPA500 is showing 57-58 VDC at 450-500 watts out, and 71-72 VDC on rx.

Is this normal or should I move up one tap?

Thanks,

Gordon - N1MGO

This list hosted by:http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list:http://www.qsl.net/donate.html