When my younger brother was finally out of the house for good, Mom and Dad bought a double-wide, sold the house in So. Central LAX, and moved south into a "Mobile Estates Park" in Costa Mesa.  The wiring was Al.  About 3 years later, they had a problem in one of the outlets that involved a small amount of smoke.  That wasn't a serious incident, but Dad had to go around to each of the switches and outlets and put Cu pigtails on the Al wires to connect to the devices.  I never got a clear story about what caused the original problem or why this would fix it.  But, I'm really wary of Al wiring in house in which we sleep.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County