On 11/14/2022 9:36 AM, Jon Poland wrote:
My 12 year old house has 200 amp service.  I don't know why.  But since
building it, we have shifted to 90+% LED lighting, high efficiency
dishwasher, fridge, and clothes washer.  My entire lighting load at any
given time is less than 120W.  A smart thermostat reduces AC and furnace
loads.  The 2 largest electrical loads are the clothes dryer and gas
furnace blower.  This house is also better insulated than any home I have
ever owned - also reducing the furnace load (gas and electricity).

What you're missing, Jon, is that IR drop to that outlet that feeds the KPA500 is NOT the total load to the home, but primarily the IR drop FROM THE PANEL of the circuit that feeds the amp. The feed from the street to that panel is usually a small fraction of that.

73, Jim K9YC