Lots of good info about AGC, but I'm thinking a lot of it is not that
useful today.

In the old days, it sounds like you HAD to turn the AGC off for things
to work right.  That's no longer the case and our operating habits can,
and have, changed.

In my case, I leave AGC on 100% of the time.  I'll turn the RF gain down
to increase the signal to noise ratio.  Turn the RF gain down to the
point where the AGC is not doing much and you have the rig running as if
AGC is off, but it is still there, able to respond to a big signal on
freq to protect your ears.

Can those of you who turn AGC off tell me why?  What does it do for you
that the AGC doesn't?

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -