Oh I don't know, I aced the code and the written first time, or at least thats what the FCC guy told me. I always felt like the Advanced was a waste for me it didn't give any extra CW space. I can still do 20wpm, but I hate that fast now, I'd rather put around at 14 or 15. hi

Jerry - NR5A - South Dakota

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Murray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Post Message" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Hate the word HAM

The theory was bad enough but what about the 20WPM
code.  Had to go back three times before I got it.
Had an awful time.  I guess that's one of the reasons
I hated to see the cw requirement go.  It was so hard
for me but if you want it bad enough etc. etc.
Cheers,
jim/k2hn
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

When I took my general in 1961 at the LA Federal
Building, I had to draw a
schematic of a Colpitt's Osc.
They weren't specific  if it had to be solid state
or Vacuum tube, so I drew
the solid state   version I thought I knew best.

Al WA6VNN