On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 21:22 -0700, Phil Kane wrote:
>   They don't allow that any more.  I could have had it - my Extra
>   exam was in 1974 - but I was too busy being an FCC field
>   supervisor to get a round tuit....  <g>

Yeah, I was surprised at the time.  I was ready to take the test but the
tester wasn't ready to give it so he called in to see what to do and was
told that he could waive the CW exam.  The exams are all given by the
equivalent of the VE guys -- private contractors of some sort..

After enduring you steely eyed guys many years ago it was kinda
anti-climatic.   ;-)

73,
-Doug, W7KF