Nah, you should be using crimp-on PL-259's too.

I do.

73, doug

   From: "Bill Coleman  N2BC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:47:44 -0400

   but.. the K3 is a no solder kit!   Sorry...

   I converted my shack and a couple op positions at our club shack to APP's -
   soldered dozens of them, works great.

   One tip:  make sure of the orientation of the connector pins before
   soldering especially on heavy gauge wire.  This can be a bit tricky as the
   pin will want to rotate on the wire as soon as you touch it with the
   soldering iron (Murphy at work).  It's important so you don't have to twist
   the conductor to get the pin into the connector.

   Also the little APP insertion tool is quite handy for small gauge wire.

   So now we know, there are two solder connections on the K3 kit!   (Four if
   you count the PL-259)

   73, Bill    N2BC