that statement ( from Plantronics) is so marketing,,,,

The last thing Plantronics wants is to have dispatch centers who pay 160-300 per headset DISCOVER how to integrate mass marketed PC marketed ( read low pricepoint) microphones into their systems. Yes they may be built to endure a tougher environment. .

I've very successfully used .99 radio shack electret elements with both my k2 and my 7800...haven't hooked it to the K3 yet,,,,frequently using elements from old telephone sets,,

Also Altec branded ( this week owned by Plantronics )computer stuff CAN works great...( I have a headset for my K2.)
http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=AHS515
just needs to be wired properly providing the bias to the electret...
there are articles all over the net,.,.

I like especially the comment "We do not release technical specifications of our retail headsets."....the spec would look too good,,,,

now back to learning the K3,,,,

bill

 Joe-aa4nn wrote:
Their statment should steer you clear away from
considering the Plantronics Gamecon headset.
de Joe, aa4nn

SNIP
"The .Audio 350 is a modern equivalent to the old GameCom 1; the two headsets have comparable specifications however neither of these products are radio headsets. We do not rate our analog PC headsets as compatible with radio consoles. We do not release technical specifications of our retail headsets."

___