*Joseph

1. In order to use the ATU and the PA, you need to firstly enable them in the menu, then turn the power switch off and on again. The rig reads in the accessories and will recognise them (I fell for that one with the PA).

2. I also tried too hard to set the power levels... Basically once you have calibrated the Wattmeter (and then only if you have an accurate external Wattmeter), you then ignore the menu and external power meters. Just follow the instructions in the manual, it's easy to fall into the trap of trying to set levels manually, this is not how you calibrate the power settings the K3 will automatically set the power for you when you select 5 Watts (or 50W on high power) and press the "TUNE" button, this needs to be done on all bands... If you have really fouled up, reset the K3 to the initial start-up conditions by pressing and holding the SHIFT/LO knob while powering up. Don't forget to calibrate the VCO before going on to the power setting.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

*