-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Nesbitt
<SNIP>

Yep - this is true - not only that, but be aware if you are using DTR/RTS to
send code from N1MM (I presume other software as well) that even if you have
NOT turned VOX to the ON position on the K3, the DTR/RTS keying in
conjunction with ENABLING the PTT control in N1MM Config, will put your RF
into the ether when N1MM Function keys are used!  Nice - but - read on:

Then, when you reach for your paddle to send a correction nothing will make
it to the air UNLESS you have enabled VOX on the K3!  You will wonder why
the other station keeps asking and finally gives up!  Been there, done that
and have the T-shirt!  73 -- Don

<SNIP>

Don Nesbitt wrote:

> Set:  4800, N, 8, 1, DTR = CW, RTS = PTT, Radio/VFO nr =1, Radio PTT Delay
=
> 30, Radio PTT via command block checked

If you decide to use DTR/RTS, be aware that your computer may raise
these lines during bootup. So if you are in CW mode when you boot your
computer, you may unexpectedly transmit a dash or two.

<SNIP>