David,

Some time ago I did a "numerical comparison" using the published
-6dB and shape factor values.  Perhaps these will help until the
"official" lab results are published.

>                200      250     400      500
>    -------------------------------------------------
>     - 6dB      224      370     435      565  Hz
>     -60dB      896      777     913     1751  Hz
>      slope     6.22     3.77    4.43    10.98 Hz/dB
>
>     -10dB      274      400     470      653  Hz
>     -20dB      398      475     559      873  Hz
>     -30dB      522      550     647     1092  Hz
>     -40dB      647      626     736     1312  Hz
>     -50dB      771      702     825     1531  Hz

In my opinion, the 200/500 pair is the best value.  That
is reinforced by comments on IMD performance and receiver
design by people like Rob Sherwood.  The only reason to
look at the 8-pole filters might be the need for a slightly
wider "narrow" filter if you were into RTTY (I don't know
if 224 Hz is too narrow for 170Hz shift RTTY - particularly
with fading and/or multipath).  For a died in the wool
RTTY DXer, a steep sided 270 - 300 Hz filter would be nice
instead of 370 Hz from the "250 Hz" filter.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV