After playing with this program for a few days it seems obvious that the
decoding part of the program is trying most of all to extract a call sign.
As a result of this you can see the AI part of the program do what it can to
separate all things after “DE” and construct a legitimate call. You can
almost see it “think” as it makes those decisions. If you’re looking for a
straight CW decoder for ciphering contest calls at mach 3, the K3 will do it
as well as any of them and better than most (including CW Skimmer). I just
admire Alex’s programming efforts. His unusually simple interfaces always
succeed in disguising some very complex programming. The real benefit of
this program will be realized with an I/Q receiver on the IF port.
It seems strange that some hams would find this sort of technology
objectionable. After all, aren’t we all about technology? Why would we hang
around this forum if we weren't looking for a leg up. Just because someone
has found a tool to work a new one doesn’t mean anything except to the ham
that did it. There are times when I take out my homebrew DC receiver and a
homebrew transmitter and pound away. There are times when I like to take my
KX-1 to Central Park. There are times when I have three or four ham programs
running all connected to my K3 during a contest. I do it because I want to
and because its fun. If it wasn’t, I could go play golf (and really make
myself miserable).

Tom, AK2B