Ruben,

If I were building such an adapter, I would add a 3 position switch (2
poles would be required) - one position would put both ears on the main
(left channel), the center position would be normal, and the third
position would have both ears on the sub (right channel).  If you only
want to listen to the sub, then your adapter could be less complex.

73,
Don W3FPR