I wonder if I could do the same with my HP 3403C True RMS meter?

Stan Rife
W5EWA

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Sverre Holm (LA3ZA)
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:18 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] IF output

If you have an oscilloscope you can connect it and see the output. I have a
K3 which has the modified IF with higher output. I have a 5 MHz (-3 dB)
oscilloscope in my shack for monitoring. Even at 8.215 MHz it indicates up
to +/- 50 mV in the 40 m band (no ATT, no PRE). In other bands it is lower,
like about +/- 5mV (no ATT, no PRE) in the 80 m band. Due to the bandwidth
limitation of my oscilloscope, I guess these values should be doubled or so
to find the true values.

srife wrote:

>       I am trying to verify the output at the IF OUT jack on the back of
the
> K3.

-----
Sverre, LA3ZA