From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: sr...@swbell.net
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:06:55 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3]  IF output

Stan,

The K2 cannot receive that frequency - the dial may say so, but the
VFO/PLL has maxed out at about 7400 kHz (if you are tuning from 40
meters) and although the dial continues to increment, the actual
frequency will not go any higher.  Even if it did, the bandpass filters
would probably attenuate the signal significantly.  For the same reasons
I doubt that you can tune downward from 30 meters and get that low.
You will have to use a general coverage receiver.

73,
Don W3FPR

sr...@swbell.net wrote:
>       I am trying to verify the output at the IF OUT jack on the back of
> the K3. I have it connected to my K2 with the VFO set for 8215.00 and I see
> or hear no signal at all. Shouldn't I see the output from the K3? Is the
> signal that low that I won't even get a blip on the K2 receiver? Am I
> missing something? I see no menu entry for enabling the IF output.  HELP
>

> Stan Rife
> W5EWA

01:35:00