While I can't disagree with the recommendation for a linear
supply (I have an Astron RS-35A for each K3), I recommend
avoiding the PowerPole distribution blocks and would power
station accessories - particularly any accessory that touches
the audio - in the shack from a SEPARATE supply.

Sharing a single power supply between the transmitter and
accessories is a very good way to create "RFI" (even with
a dummy load) due to the "pin 1" problem in nearly every
amateur rig ever built.

Both K9YC and W8JI have documented various manifestations of
this problem - common mode RFI, "ground loops," "hum loops,"
and current modulation of external audio sources.  For many
years, Kenwood manuals have specifically cautioned against
using the same power supply for their transceivers and "data
TNCs" even though their explanation ("conducted noise from
the TNC") is not correct.  For a better understanding of
these issues I recommend the web sites of K9YC and W8JI.

  K9YC: http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/RFIHamNCCC.pdf
  W8JI: http://www.w8ji.com/cables_and_wiring.htm

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV